How to obtain a police certificate - Thailand

Do I need to provide a police certificate when applying for permanent residence?

How and where do I obtain one?

Local Requests
Applicants should apply in person at the Special Branch of the Royal Thai Police (see below). Thai nationals must submit the original and one self-certified copy of each of their passport, national identification card (if applicable), household registration (if applicable), marriage, divorce and name change certificates and military record (if any), plus a copy of the request for police clearance issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (if any), and two recent photographs. Foreign residents should submit the original and one self-certified copy of their passport, visa work permit or proof of employment, or proof of stay in Thailand, with two recent photographs.

Police Clearance Service Centre
Commander Special Branch
Royal Thai Police Headquarters
Rama I Road, Patumwan
Bangkok 10330, Thailand
Telephone: +66 (02) 205-2168
Fax: +66 (02) 205-2169

Non-Resident Requests
Applicants must submit three sets of original fingerprints with a self-certified copy of the above-mentioned documents (except for photographs, which should be sent as originals). Fingerprints must be taken by the local police, the Royal Thai embassy or the consulate in the country of residence and must bear the official seal and signature of the person taking the fingerprints. Applicants must also submit a pre-paid registered self-addressed envelope.

Date Modified: