How to obtain a police certificate


Do I need to provide a police certificate when applying for permanent residence?

How or where do I obtain one?
You should apply for a Criminal Records Certificate (Politiattest) at your local police station. If you currently live outside Norway, you should write to the police station of the district where you last lived in Norway with:

  • a completed application form (GP5168B)
  • your personal identification card number (personnummer)
  • a copy of your birth certificate
  • a copy of your driver’s licence
  • a copy of your passport and other identification papers


Gronnlandsleiret 44
Oslo 1

For more information, consult the following website:

Date Modified: