How to obtain a police certificate


Do I need to provide a police certificate when applying for permanent residence?
Yes. This certificate covers both Switzerland and Liechtenstein.

How and where do I obtain one?
To obtain an Extract from Central Police Records/Gesuch um Auszug aus dem Zentralstrafregister/Demande d’extrait du Casier Judiciaire Central/Domanda d’estratto del Caselario Giudiziale Centrale, applicants must provide a completed application form with the original or a copy of an official piece of identification to:

Schweizerisches Strafregister
3003 Berne

For more information and an online application, consult the website:

Applicable fees are payable to the Compte de chèques postaux 30-4068-2 at the Bureau Central Suisse de Police in Berne.

Date Modified: