Find out how long it currently takes CIC to process:
Alert – Strike Action
The Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers (PAFSO) union is currently taking strike action. PAFSO union members responsible for processing visa applications have been walking out of offices in Canada and overseas.
Posted processing times for both temporary and permanent resident visa applications do not take into account work stoppages.
Anyone applying for a visa should anticipate delays and submit their application as far in advance as possible.
Contingency plans are already in place to ensure all offices remain open and are providing at least a minimum level of service. Priority will be placed on urgent humanitarian applications.
CIC continues to closely monitor the situation.
- Visit, study, work temporarily
(including off-campus work permits and protected person status documents)
- Economic Classes
(Canadian Experience Class, Entrepreneur Class, Investor Class, Start-Up Visa Class, Provincial Nominees, Self-Employed Class, Skilled Workers, Live-in Caregivers)
- Family Class Sponsorship
- Permanent Resident Cards
- Other Classes
(Humanitarian and Compassionate Cases, Protected Persons and Convention Refugees, Government-Assisted Refugees, Privately Sponsored Refugees)
Other Immigration Documents
- Canadian citizenship
- Citizenship certificate (proof of citizenship)
- Resumption of Canadian citizenship
- Renunciation of Canadian citizenship
- Search of citizenship records
- If I apply today, will the processing times show how long it will take to finalize my application?
- Why are there differences in processing times among regions and offices?
- What happens after I send in my application?
- How can I check if my application has been received?
- How can I check the status of my application?
Find more answers in the Help Centre.
Check application status
- Date Modified: