Coming soon — our website is changing!
The CIC website will soon become part of the Government of Canada website, Canada.ca. This change will make it easier for Canadians to find and access information online.
Find out how long it currently takes CIC to process:
- Visit, study, work temporarily
(including off-campus work permits and protected person status documents)
- Economic Classes
(Canadian Experience Class, Entrepreneur Class, Investor Class, Start-Up Visa Class, Provincial Nominees, Self-Employed Class, Skilled Workers, Live-in Caregivers)
- Family Class Sponsorship
- Other Classes
(Humanitarian and Compassionate Cases, Protected Persons and Convention Refugees, Government-Assisted Refugees, Privately Sponsored Refugees)
- Canadian citizenship
- Citizenship certificate (proof of citizenship)
- Resumption of Canadian citizenship
- Renunciation of Canadian citizenship
- Search of citizenship records
- If I apply today, will the processing times show how long it will take to finalize my application?
- Why are there differences in processing times among regions and offices?
- What happens after I send in my application?
- How can I check if my application has been received?
- How can I check the status of my application?
Check application status
- Date Modified: