This information is updated weekly and shows the time it takes to process an application after we receive a complete application package.
Last update: November 14, 2015
|Type of application||Processing Times|
New permanent residents
52 calendar days
Existing permanent residents
183 calendar days
(Working on applications received up to June 12, 2015)
Note: If you live inside Canada and if it has been longer than the time shown above since you applied, please contact the Call Centre. Call Centre agents cannot speed up the process of your application or make decisions on your case.
- If I apply today, do the processing times show how long it will take to process my application?
- Why are there differences in processing times among regions and offices?
- What happens after I send in my application?
- How can I check if my application has been received?
- How can I check the status of my application?
Living in Canada toolLearn about what it's like to live in Canada and which resources are available to you to help you settle here
- Date Modified: