This information is updated weekly and shows the time it takes to process an application after we receive a complete application package.
Last update: December 4, 2013
|Type of application||Processing Times|
New permanent residents
44 calendar days
(This time applies if you have provided a mailing address)
Existing permanent residents
82 calendar days
(Working on applications received up to October 7, 2013)
Note: If you live inside Canada and if it has been longer than the time shown above since you applied, please contact the Call Centre. Call Centre agents cannot speed up the process of your application or make decisions on your case.
- If I apply today, will the processing times show how long it will take to finalize my application?
- Why are there differences in processing times among regions and offices?
- What happens after I send in my application?
- How can I check if my application has been received?
- How can I check the status of my application?
- Date Modified: