Candidates for the Paul Yuzyk Award for Multiculturalism are accepted by nomination only. Nominations may be submitted in either English or French by a sponsor with direct knowledge of the candidate’s contribution. A sponsor is any person or group considered a third party to the candidate.
Nominations will not be accepted from:
- candidates (self-nominations);
- candidates’ immediate family members;
- Board members or employees of a nominated organization; or
- Board members or employees of a candidate’s organization.
Entries which are incomplete, submitted after the deadline, or which do not meet eligibility requirements will not be considered.
Note: Only award recipients will be directly notified of the results of the Paul Yuzyk Award process. All other candidates and sponsors are encouraged to consult the Paul Yuzyk Award website for updates regarding award recipients.
The deadline for 2015 Paul Yuzyk Award for Multiculturalism nominations is March 31, 2015. All entries must be postmarked by that date to be considered for the 2015 award. Late entries will not be considered.
The nomination package must be submitted on 8.5” x 11” sheets, typed, printed or reproduced on one side only, and must include the following documents:
- a completed and signed Nomination and Consent Form(PDF, 1.5MB) , signed by the candidate or highest ranking member of the nominated organization;
- This includes complete responses to all questions on the form, which asks for detailed descriptions of the candidate’s contribution, as outlined in the evaluation criteria;
Note: For candidates nominated in the “Youth” category who are under the age of majority at the time of nomination, the consent of the candidate’s parent or guardian is also required.
The age of majority is: 18 in AB, MB, ON, PEI, QC, SK, and 19 in BC, NB, NL, NS, NT, NWT, YT.
- two letters of support (only one of which may be written by a sponsor); and
- a current biography of the candidate (or current organizational profile for nominations in the “Organization” category).
- OPTIONAL: other supporting documents, such as testimonials, news clippings, photographs, etc. (Optional documents should be no more than ten 8.5”x11” pages total, single-sided).
All nomination packages must be sent by mail to the address below and postmarked by March 31 of the current year to be considered.
Paul Yuzyk Award for Multiculturalism
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
365 Laurier Avenue West, 19th Floor
Ottawa, ON K1A 1L1
Information and examples submitted with the nomination form must be verifiable. You may seek advice from the candidate when developing the nomination package.
Applications and support material will not be returned.
Nomination package guidelines
- All information should be typewritten in a font no smaller than 10 points.
- Print forms and documents on one side only.
- Do not bind your nomination package. Removable paper clips are acceptable; however, please do not include the following: staples, books, booklets, brochures/pamphlets, binders, duo-tangs, report holders/covers.
- Do not exceed the page limits listed above and on the Nomination and Consent Form.
- Do not submit CDs, DVDs or USB keys.
- Simple packaging is recommended.
For specific questions about preparing your nomination package please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also in this topic
Embrace Canadian culture
Find out about multiculturalism in Canada
- Date Modified: