Candidates for the Paul Yuzyk Award for Multiculturalism are accepted by nomination only. Nominations may be submitted, in either French or English, by a sponsor with direct knowledge of the candidate’s contribution. A sponsor is any person or group considered a third party to the candidate.
In order to be eligible, candidates must meet the eligibility requirements. Nominations will not be accepted from:
- candidates (self-nominations);
- immediate family members;
- Board members or employees of the nominated group; or
- Board members or employees of the candidate’s organization.
The nomination package must be submitted on 8.5” x 11” sheets, typed, printed or reproduced on one side only, and must include the following documents:
- a completed and signed Nomination and Consent Form (PDF, 55 KB); signed by the candidate or highest ranking member of the nominated group;
- This includes complete responses to Part B of the form, which asks for a detailed description of the candidate’s contribution to multiculturalism and to the promotion of a unified and diverse Canada, as outlined in the evaluation criteria;
- two letters of support (only one of which may be written by a sponsor); and
- a current biography of the candidate.
- OPTIONAL: other supporting documents, such as testimonials, news clippings, photographs, etc. (Optional documents should be no more than ten 8.5”x11” pages total, single-sided).
All nomination packages must be sent by mail to the address below and postmarked by March 1 of the current year to be considered.
Paul Yuzyk Award for Multiculturalism
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
365 Laurier Avenue West, 19th Floor
Ottawa, ON K1A 1L1
Information and examples submitted with the nomination form must be verifiable. Applications and support material will not be returned.
Nomination Package Guidelines
- All information should be typewritten in a font no smaller than 10 points.
- Print the forms and documents on one side only.
- Do not bind your nomination package. Removable paper clips are acceptable, however the following should not be included: staples, books, booklets/brochures, binders, duo-tangs, report holders/covers.
- Do not exceed the page limits listed above and on the Nomination and Consent Form.
- Do not submit CDs, DVDs or USB keys.
- Simple packaging is recommended.
- You may seek advice from the candidate when developing a nomination text.
For specific questions about preparing your nomination package please email us at email@example.com.
The Paul Yuzyk Award in the Lifetime Achievement category is given to an individual who has demonstrated ongoing dedication to promoting a strong multicultural society in Canada over a period of at least ten years.
The recipient receives a certificate of honour signed by the Minister for Multiculturalism. The monetary component of the award, a grant of $20,000, is directed by the Multiculturalism Program to an eligible, registered, not-for-profit Canadian organization or association chosen by the award recipient.
The Paul Yuzyk Award in the Outstanding Achievement category is given to an individual or group (i.e., either an informal group of individuals, or a registered or legally recognized group) who has made a significant contribution to Canadian multiculturalism for at least one year within the last five years.
The recipient individual or group will receive a certificate of honour signed by the Minister for Multiculturalism. The monetary component of the award, a grant of $20,000, is directed by the Multiculturalism Program to an eligible, registered, not-for-profit Canadian organization or association chosen by the award recipient.
See Evaluation Criteria for scoring information.
The deadline for 2014 Paul Yuzyk Award for Multiculturalism nominations is March 1, 2014. All entries must be postmarked by that date to be considered for the 2014 award. Late entries will not be considered.
Embrace Canadian culture
Find out about multiculturalism in Canada
Video centre2013 Paul Yuzyk Award for Multiculturalism recipient
- Date Modified: