You may be able to check the status of your immigration or citizenship application online. It depends on what you applied for.
If you can’t check your status online, you can use processing times as a guide to find out how long it might take to process your application.
Answer the questions below to find out which one applies to you.
This includes applications for:
- federal skilled workers
- federal skilled trades
- provincial nominees
- Canadian Experience Class
- Quebec-selected skilled workers
- temporary resident permits
- protected persons
- humanitarian and compassionate cases
- Quebec investors
- Quebec entrepreneurs
- self-employed persons
- Start-up visas
- Immigrant Investor Venture Capital Pilot Program
Did you apply to Canada’s former Immigrant Investor or Entrepreneur Programs?
Your application may have been cancelled. See how you may be affected and how you can get your fees refunded.
If you applied online, sign in to your account to check your application status. Click “check status and messages” under “View my submitted applications or profiles.”
There are two ways to check your application status online. You can:
- create an online account and link your paper application to it. You’ll get:
- detailed application status in real-time and
- email alerts and messages online about your application instead of by mail, or
- use the online tool, which is updated daily.
Not all people who applied on paper can check their status through an online account. See which applications you can link to your online account.
If you can't check your application status online, you can check processing times to see how long it takes to process your type of application.
Find out more about what happens after you submit your application.
- Date Modified: