You may be able to check the status of your immigration or citizenship application online. It depends on what you applied for.
If you can’t check your status online, you can use processing times as a guide to find out how long it might take to process your application.
Answer the questions below to find out which one applies to you.
- grant of citizenship
- citizenship certificate (proof of citizenship)
- resume Canadian citizenship
- renounce Canadian citizenship
Client application status Updated daily
The check application status tool allows you to securely view the status of your application online.
Before checking your application status you will need to:
- gather all the documents you have received regarding your application and
- have your identification numbers from these documents to log in.
If you cannot use the check application status tool, you can check processing times to see how long it takes to process your type of application.
Find out more about what happens after you submit your application.
- Date Modified: