The fees for a Canadian passport are:
|5-year adult passport (age 16 or over)||120|
|10-year adult passport (age 16 or over)||160|
|Child passport (0-15 years of age)||57|
Additional fees: There are additional fees associated with replacing a passport and express or urgent processing. These fees are added to the base fee listed above. Urgent and express service is available only if you apply in person at a passport office. There are some exceptions. Check what services are available at the offices near you.
|Urgent pick up (by the end of the next business day)||110|
|Express pick up within 2-9 business days||50|
|Standard pick up on or after 10 business days||20|
|Replacing a valid lost or stolen passport||45|
|Certified true copy of part of a passport or other travel document (one to three copies)||45|
|File transfer (to a different passport office in Canada)||45|
How to pay your fees 2 options
Apply in person and pay by:
- Credit card or prepaid card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express)
- Debit card (Interac)
- Certified cheque or money order (postal or bank) in Canadian funds, made payable to the "Receiver General for Canada". The exact fee must be specified.
Passport offices do not accept cash or personal cheques. Receiving agents (Service Canada and Canada Post) will accept cash (exact change only) but will not accept personal cheques.
Apply by mail, and pay by filling out the payment section on your application form with a:
- Credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express)
- Prepaid card embossed only (raised letters or numbers) (Visa, MasterCard, American Express)
- Certified cheque or money order (postal or bank) included with your application in Canadian funds, made payable to the "Receiver General for Canada". The exact fee must be specified.
We do not accept cash or personal cheques.
- Date Modified: