This section contains information for representatives of the Government of Canada, and people travelling on Government of Canada-related business.
Before you apply, find out if you need a visa for the country you are travelling to. If you do need a visa, find out what the visa requirements are and what documents to send.
Gather the documents required
What to include with your adult general application form:
- proof of citizenship (original only)
- one identity document (copies are acceptable with guarantor’s signature and date on both sides of the copy of the document to indicate the originals have been seen)
- two identical passport photos (one signed by the guarantor)
- annex to a passport application received at Official Travel (PPTC 507)
- copy of one of the following documents:
- the signed Travel Authority and Advance form
- the Posting Confirmation Form (PCF)
- a signed letter from your department
- DND (Department of National Defence) or CAF (Canadian Armed Forces) specific forms
- detailed flight itinerary, if applicable
- any additional forms you may need to send if you require a visa
You may need extra documents if:
Fill out the application form
Remember to sign each page, and include the guarantor’s information. Your guarantor also has to sign the application form and sign the back of one of the photos.
Pay the fees
- Official passport: $225
- Visa (if applicable): $90
Complete and include the passport information billing form (PPTC 467)
Submit your application
Submit your application in person, by mail, by courier or by messenger to:
Passport Program Official Travel
Place du Centre
200 promenade du Portage, Commercial Level 2
Gatineau, Quebec J8X 4B7
Use a certified courier or traceable mail service to reduce the delivery time of your application and help protect your documents.
For Department of National Defence clients, if you are sending the application by mail, send it to:
DND/Official Travel section (passports)
101 Colonel By Drive
- Date Modified: