This section contains information for representatives of the Government of Canada, and people travelling on Government of Canada-related business.
If you already have a valid regular (blue) passport, use the renewal application to apply for your special or diplomatic passport.
Before you apply, find out if you need a visa for the country you are travelling to. If you do need a visa, find out what the visa requirements are and what documents to submit.
Gather the documents required
What to include with the application if you have a regular (blue) passport:
- Two identical passport photos (no guarantor required but the photographer’s name and address, and date of photo, must be indicated on the back of one photo).
- Annex to a passport application received at Official Travel (PPTC 507).
- Detailed flight itinerary if applicable.
- Any additional forms you may need to submit if you require a visa.
- Copy of the signed Travel Authority and Advance form, the Posting Confirmation Form (PCF) or a signed letter from your department, or the forms created for DND clients.
If you are being posted abroad, find out what additional documents you need to submit.
Fill out the application form
Pay the fees
Include the passport information billing form (PPTC 467) to cover the C$225 fee for a Canadian special or diplomatic passport, and the C$90 fee per visa (if applicable) except for Department of National Defence (DND) clients.
Submit your application
Submit your application in person, by mail, by courier or by messenger to:
Passport Program Official Travel
Place du Centre
200 promenade du Portage, Commercial Level 2
Gatineau, Quebec J8X 4B7
Use a certified courier or traceable mail service to reduce the delivery time of your application and help protect your documents.
For Department of National Defence clients, if you are sending the application by mail, send it to:
DND/Official Travel section (passports)
101 Colonel By Drive
- Date Modified: