On April 1, 2016, the Interim Federal Health Program was restored to pre-2012 levels of coverage for all beneficiaries. Here is some important information about this change and what it means for you.
Before you apply, make sure you are eligible for the Interim Federal Health Program (IFHP).
You can apply to:
- get new coverage;
- extend your coverage; or
- request confirmation of your IFHP coverage if your original IFHP eligibility document has been lost, stolen or destroyed.
Prepare your application
- Read the Instruction Guide [IMM 5568] for tips on when to apply and how to fill out your application.
- Download and fill out the application form: Application for IFHP Coverage — [IMM 5564].
- Print it or save it on your computer.
Submit your application
You can submit your application online or by mail
Online (for new applications or to extend your coverage)
Follow these steps to apply online:
- Create an account.
- Under the heading “what would you like to do today”, select “apply for the Interim Federal Health Program (IFHP)”.
- Upload your saved application form.
- You will receive a response to your application by e-mail, through your account.
Before you mail your application, make sure to:
- Sign and date your application form.
- Include supporting documents.
- Use sufficient postage.
Mail your completed application to the nearest Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) office.
After you apply
Make sure you notify IRCC if:
- you change your address,
- there are changes to your family situation, or
- you have new information that is important to your application.
Learn more about the coverage available under IFHP.
Newcomer services in your areaWe can help you find free services near you.
Protecting Canada’s Immigration System
- Date Modified: