For new immigrants
Apply for a permanent resident card or Canadian citizenship, find information about how to start your life in Canada, find out what services near you are available to help or what to expect for your first tax year.
Includes applications for new permanent resident cards or replacement cards and how long it takes to get a card.
Includes health care, finding a place to live, planning your finances and enrolling your children in school.
Includes a map of services in your area to help you find a job, help with daily life and help you adjust to your new community.
Includes eligibility requirements, application steps and processing times for Canadian citizenship.
Includes tax obligations, credits and benefits and filing a tax return for your first year in Canada.
Includes why, when and how to give up your permanent resident status, including application forms.
Includes games, puzzles and teaching materials that will help you learn about citizenship, immigration and multiculturalism in a fun way.
What we are doing
- Canadian Experience Class
- Opportunities to work in Canada
- Gathering information to help newcomers to Canada
- Apply for Canadian citizenship: adults
- Apply for Canadian citizenship: minors
- Apply for permanent resident card
- Correct errors on your record of landing or permanent resident document
- Celebrating influential newcomers
- Canada welcomes new Canadians on Canada Day
- Encouraging economic growth
- Attracting skilled newcomers to Canada
Living in Canada
Learn about what it's like to live in Canada and the resources available to help you get settled.
Welcome to Canada
Find out what to expect in your first few weeks of life in Canada including how to find a place to live, work, go to school and connect with your community.
Read the only official study guide for the Canadian citizenship test.
- Date Modified: