Once the office has determined that an applicant is a member of the Canadian Experience Class (R87.1), the principal applicant and their family members, whether accompanying or not, must complete medical examinations, and pass criminal and security checks.
For detailed information about determining admissibility, refer to ENF 2 / OP 18 – Evaluating Inadmissibility.
Making a final decision
Approving the application
For approved applicants in the Canadian Experience Class who live outside of Canada, send the Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) and permanent resident visa (if applicable) to the applicant's address outside of Canada.
Do not issue a permanent resident visa counterfoil to applicants whose passport was issued by the United States of America or a country identified in the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations 190(1)(a) or (b) or 190(2)(b), (c), (d), (e) or (f), or 190(2.1). However, o fficers may still request to see the applicant's original passport in these cases.
Approved applicants must present their CoPR and permanent resident visa counterfoil (if applicable) to an officer at a Canadian port of entry [R71.1(1)].
- send their CoPR and permanent resident visa counterfoil (if applicable) to their address in Canada
- inform the applicant that, in order to become a permanent resident, they may either:
- present the CoPR and permanent resident visa counterfoil (if applicable) to an officer at a Canadian port of entry
- contact the CIC Call Centre to request an appointment at a local CIC office, with their family members, if applicable (R71.1(2)).
Refusing the application
All refused applicants in the Canadian Experience Class must be provided with a formal refusal letter. The refusal letter must:
- inform the applicant of the immigration class in which their application was considered
- fully explain to the applicant why their application in that class has been refused
- inform applicants who have paid the RPRF that they are entitled to a refund and provide an approximate timeframe for its receipt.
- Date Modified: