Who can apply
Foreign nationals can apply if they
- have the ability to become economically established in Canada;
- intend to reside in a province other than Quebec;
- have a minimum net worth of Can$10 million legally acquired through business or investment activity;
- meet the minimum language proficiency threshold, as demonstrated by results of a designated language test;
- meet the minimum education requirement (or have a minimum net worth of Can$50 million);
- make an at-risk investment of Can$2 million into the Immigrant Investor Venture Capital Fund.
Submitting an application
All applications for permanent residence under the Immigrant Investor Venture Capital class must be received by the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia within the specified intake period as per Ministerial Instructions.
Applications received outside of the intake periods must be returned to applicants, with fees.
Eligibility for processing
Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) will check all applications received during the specified intake periods for stage one completeness. However, only the first 60 complete applications that meet stage two completeness will be put into processing. Up to 60 additional applications may be placed on a waiting list and may be put into processing, if needed.
Intake will remain open under the Immigrant Investor Venture Capital class until
- 60 permanent resident visas/approvals are issued under this class;
- 60 complete applications have been received and put into processing and 60 applications that meet the initial completeness check requirements have been retained on the waiting list; or
- December 30, 2015.
This includes applications received during the previous intake periods that passed the first-stage completeness check. They will be processed as per the Ministerial Instructions in place when they were received.
All applications will be assessed as described in the instructions regarding completeness checks and must have been submitted in accordance with the requirements specified in section R10 and in the application kit to be considered complete and eligible for processing.
- Date Modified: