Check completeness upon receipt
Date-stamped applications must be reviewed for completeness, as per the requirements specified in section 10 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) and the application kit requirements in place at the time of receipt. Applications must include all of the following:
- a signed and completed in-Canada application for permanent residence (live-in caregivers) [IMM 0008], including the name, date of birth, nationality, current marital status and current immigration status of the principal applicant and all family members (whether accompanying or not) as well as the signed and completed forms outlined in the instruction guide 5290
- a completed Schedule A – Background / Declaration form [IMM 5669] for the principal applicant and, if applicable, their spouse or common-law partner and all dependent children aged 18 years or older;
- a signed and completed Additional Family Information form [IMM 5406] for the principal applicant and, if applicable, their spouse or common-law partner and all dependent children aged 18 years or older;
- evidence that the principal applicant has accumulated qualifying work experience (Live-in Caregiver – Employer Declaration of Hours Worked [IMM 5634]);
- two passport-sized photographs (see the photograph specifications) of the applicant and of any family members in Canada who have been included;
- all required documents, as per the Document Checklist [IMM 5282];
- clear identification of the class in which the application is being made;
- a signed declaration on the Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008] to the effect that the information provided is complete and accurate;
- any additional documents and information required by the IRPR, as well as any other evidence required by the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
Officers should return incomplete applications to the applicant along with any processing fees. For incomplete applications, the Case Processing Centre in Vegreville (CPC-V) enters a client note in the Global Case Management System indicating that an application was received and returned to the applicant; the CPC-V takes no further action until a complete application is submitted.
- Date Modified: