This section deals with claims for refugee protection in Canada ("refugee claims") made at ports of entry (POEs) and inland offices. This is referred to as the "front-end process", in which eligibility of the refugee claim is determined and screening of the claimant is initiated.
Intake is the first step in the in-Canada refugee claim process.
- the Safe Third Country Agreement;
- special claimant types;
- minors and vulnerable persons;
- withdrawals and suspensions;
- post-interview processing and final decision;
- general requirements and administration.
Note: This section does not include comprehensive information for Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) users, who should continue referring to the CBSA Operational Bulletin PRG-2012-80 until further notice.
- Date Modified: