The following persons must apply outside Canada [R198(2)]:
- all persons who require a temporary resident visa (TRV);
- all persons who require an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA);
- all persons who require a medical examination, whether TRV-required or visa-exempt, unless valid medical examination results are available at the time of entry;
- international youth exchange program participants other than U.S. citizens or permanent residents, unless approved by the responsible visa office (that administers the quota granted by the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development) abroad (exemption code C21) (see International Experience Canada);
- seasonal agricultural workers;
- live-in caregivers.
- Date Modified: