You need to let us know every time you change post-secondary schools. You will need:
- an online account. If you applied for your study permit on paper, you need to create an account and then link your application.
- the number of your study permit (it begins with the letter “S” and is at the top right of the permit). For security reasons we may ask you to provide a few details from your application, so have it handy.
- the DLI number of your new school. You can find it on the list of designated learning institutions.
- your new Student Identification Number (Student ID) You can find it on the acceptance letter from your new school.
- the start date at your new school.
Follow these steps to change your school:
- sign in to your account
- under the section Designated Learning Institution Student Transfer, click on Transfer from DLI number
- enter your study permit application number
- click on Search for my application. You may need to enter more details about your original study permit application.
- enter the DLI number, your Student ID and the Start Date
- click on Submit transfer
- Date Modified: