New rules for prospective international students are now in effect (as of June 1, 2014).
Read about these changes and how they may impact you.
It is possible to work in Canada while you are here as a student. In some cases, you will need to apply for a student work permit.
Work on campus
Find information about working at the school where you study.
Work off campus
Find information about working off campus while you study in Canada.
Work as a co-op or intern
Discover how you can work as a co-op or intern as part of your study program.
Stay in Canada after graduation
Learn how you can stay in Canada as a permanent resident or find work after you graduate from school.
Help your spouse or common-law partner find work
Find information about how your spouse or common-law partner can apply to work while you study in Canada.
- Do I need a permit to study in Canada?
- I am an international student in Canada. Can I work while studying?
- As an international student, can I return home or travel outside Canada during my studies?
- When should I apply for my study permit?
- I want to change my school or program of study. How can I change my study permit?
How-to videoBecoming Canadian
Schools you can attendFind a university or college on the designated learning institutions list
- Date Modified: