Top questions about biometrics
- Why do I have to give my biometrics (fingerprints and photograph) when I apply for a visitor visa, study permit, or work permit?
- Will I need to go in person to give my fingerprints and photograph each time I apply?
- What if there is no visa application centre (VAC) in the country or territory I am applying from?
- I wear a scarf or head cover for religious or cultural reasons. What will happen when I go to have my photograph taken for biometrics?
- What if I have a Canadian visa that has not yet expired when you start taking biometrics from citizens of my country or territory?
- Do I need to give my biometrics to visit Canada if I am in the United States and have already given my biometric information upon entry to the U.S.?
- If I am already in Canada, will I have to give my biometrics?
- See all questions about this topic
Before you arrive
How-to videoA Step-by-step look at biometrics
- Date Modified: