Are you visiting Canada for the 2015 Pan American Games and Parapan American Games? See if you qualify for the accredited visa process.
You can choose to apply online or through a paper application. If you need assistance, you can get help with your application at your nearest visa application centre (VAC).
To apply online you must have access to a scanner or camera to create electronic copies of your documents for uploading and have a valid credit card for payment. Determine your eligibility and apply online.
Note: If you provide an email address on your application, please ensure you check it regularly for automated emails from CIC regarding your case. Some spam filters block these emails, and clients are requested to ensure emails from CIC are not blocked. If you are unsure whether emails from CIC are being sent, please check your myCIC account on a regular basis.
Apply on paper
If you have a valid study or work permit and are planning to leave and return to Canada, you can apply for a new visitor visa before you leave Canada.
1. Get the application package
Your package includes the application guide and all the forms you need to fill out. Download the application package.
Read the guide carefully before you complete the application form. The fee for processing your form is not refundable, so make sure you are eligible for a temporary resident visa before you apply.
Please note that each individual applicant must submit a completed temporary resident visa application form. Applicants under the age of 18 must have this form signed by a parent or a guardian.
2. Pay your application fees
Please note that in most countries, application fees must be paid in Canadian dollars. Check the website of the nearest visa office for more information on fees.
If you decide to submit your application at a visa application centre (VAC), will have to pay the VAC services fees. These fees are not included in your CIC application fees.
3. Submit your application
Read the application guide before you submit your application.
You can get help with completing and submitting your application at your nearest visa application centre (VAC). You can also find out where to submit your application by checking the website of your visa office.
- Sign and date the application forms. If you are:
- 18 years of age or older, sign and date in the boxes provided,
- less than 18 years of age, your form must be signed by one of your parents or legal guardian.
- Include the last page of the form, which contains your unique barcodes. See example below:
These documents must be included with your application:
- A valid travel document (such as a passport),
- Two recent passport photos of each applicant (including family members) unless you are a citizen of a country that needs to provide biometrics. Make sure these photos meet the requirements,
- The application fee. Your fee will not be refunded, even if your application is not accepted,
- Proof that you have enough money for your visit to Canada. The amount of money may vary, depending on the circumstances of your visit, how long you will stay and whether you will stay in a hotel, or with friends or relatives, and
- Documents such as identification cards, proof of employment, a letter of invitation from relatives or friends in Canada, or a proposed itinerary.
Note: The amount of money you need and the supporting documents you must submit depends on individual circumstances. For further information on these requirements, visit the website of your nearest visa office .
4. Check processing time
How long it takes to process your application varies depending on the visa office where you applied. For more information, see application processing times.
Where to send your applicationFind out where you should send your application
- Date Modified: