Flying to Canada?

What is an Electronic Travel Authorization?

An Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) is a new entry requirement for visa-exempt foreign nationals flying to or transiting through Canada. The authorization is electronically linked to your passport and is valid for five years or until your passport expires, whichever comes first.

Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA): What you need to know (extended version)

Who needs an Electronic Travel Authorization?

Citizens from countries other than the United States (U.S.) who do not need a visa to enter Canada will need to obtain an eTA before flying to Canada. Travellers do not need an eTA when entering Canada by land or sea.

Find out if you need an eTA.

Take note:

How do I apply for an eTA for travel to Canada?

Applying for an eTA is a simple online process that takes just a few minutes. You need your passport, a credit or debit card and an email address. It costs CAD $7 to get an eTA. It is valid for up to five years.

Apply for an eTA

Do I have to print anything to prove that I have an eTA?

No.The eTA is electronically linked to your passport. You need to travel with the passport you used to apply for your eTA.

Date Modified: