Extend worker’s permit – Hire foreign workers

If you wish to extend employment for a foreign worker beyond the date on the work permit, your employee must apply for an extension of their work permit. In addition, you may also need to first apply for a new Labour Market Impact Assessment.

Your employee must also apply to change the conditions of their permit if the conditions of work change.

The worker should apply at least 30 days before the date on which their original work permit will expire to extend or change the terms and conditions of the existing work permit.

To learn more about what your employee has to do, see Temporary foreign workers: Extending your stay. If this does not answer your questions, contact the Call Centre.

Date Modified: