Through the Global Skills Strategy, you can begin temporary work in Canada faster. We will process most applications within two weeks.
Who is eligible
There are two ways you can qualify for two-week processing.
- You are exempt from the Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) process and your:
- job is under the skill type 0 (managerial) or A (professional) of the National Occupational Classification (NOC) and
- work permit will be employer-specific and
- employer has submitted an offer of employment using the Employer Portal and paid the employer compliance fee
- Your employer has a positive LMIA through the Global Talent Stream of the Temporary Foreign Worker program and you are applying for an employer-specific work permit.
Spouses and dependents
Your spouse/common-law partner and dependents are also eligible for two-week processing. They must apply at the same time as you.
How to get two-week processing
We will process your application in two weeks if you:
- apply from outside of Canada
- apply online
- submit a complete application
- identify yourself as part of the Global Talent Stream, if applicable, using the Come To Canada tool when you apply
- send with your application (if it applies to you):
- upfront immigration medical examination
- upfront biometric fee (biometric results need to be submitted before the two weeks pass)
Note: We will process your application under normal processing times if it is:
- not eligible for two-week processing
- submitted as a paper application
- submitted in Canada
- an International Experience Canada application
- Date Modified: