If you’re eligible, you’ll be placed into one or more pools of International Experience Canada (IEC) candidates. You’ll get a message in your account that confirms you are in the pool(s).
Normally, your profile will stay in the pool until:
- you receive an Invitation to Apply for a work permit,
- we remove all of the profiles from the pool(s) at the end of the season, or
- you’re no longer eligible for IEC.
We’ll regularly issue invitations to candidates in the IEC pools during the IEC season. Check the schedule to find out:
- when the rounds of invitations for each country and category will start and end,
- the number of candidates in the pools, and
- your chances of getting an invitation this season
You can submit an IEC profile at any time during the IEC season. As long as you submit your profile before the date of the last round of invitations for your country, you may receive an Invitation to Apply for a work permit.
One IEC profile in multiple pools
You can only have one IEC profile at any time. However, you can be eligible for more than one IEC pool.
When you complete your profile, we’ll tell you which pools are available to you. You can submit your profile to any of these available pools. For example, you might be eligible to submit your profile to the Working Holiday and Young Professionals pools.
How we issue Invitations to Apply
Invitations to Apply are issued in the following order:
- International Internship (Co-op)
- Young Professionals
- Working Holiday
If your profile is in an International Internship (Co-op) pool and Working Holiday pool, you’ll receive an Invitation to Apply for an International Co-op category. You’ll only receive an Invitation to Apply for a Working Holiday work permit if there are no spots left in the International Co-op (Internship) category.
Get your supporting documents ready
You won’t automatically get a work permit, if you receive an Invitation to Apply.
To get a work permit, you’ll have to:
- show proof of the information you gave us in your IEC profile;
- provide additional information on your education, work history and background; and
- provide other potential supporting documents when requested.
If you’re in an IEC pool, you should start getting any supporting documents you may need for your work permit application. Some documents may take several months to get. You could get an Invitation to Apply at any time, and you’ll have limited time to submit your work permit application and documents.
Applying to International Experience Canada
Applying to International Experience CanadaGet help from Recognized Organizations
- Date Modified: