Filling labour shortages
Canadian employers can hire temporary workers with specific skills, including live-in caregivers, to help fill labour shortages.
Every year, thousands of foreign workers enter Canada to work temporarily in jobs that help Canadian employers address skill shortages. A work permit is needed for most temporary jobs in Canada.
Get a work permit
Find out if you need a work permit to work in Canada as a foreign worker.
Extend your work permit
Discover how to extend your work permit to stay in Canada longer.
Hire a foreign worker
Learn what you need to know to hire a foreign worker.
- How can I find out about jobs in Canada?
- Are there any conditions on my work permit?
- Can my spouse or common-law partner work in Canada?
- Can I change employers under the Live-in Caregiver Program?
- As a live-in caregiver, can I return to my home country for a vacation?
Find more answers in the Help Centre.
- Date Modified: