How can I qualify for the Start-up Visa Program?
To qualify for the Start-up Visa Program, you must meet all 4 eligibility requirements, as well as the admissibility requirements to enter Canada.
Eligibility requirements for the Start-up Visa Program
- have a qualifying business
- have a letter of support from a designated organization
- meet the language requirements, and
- have enough money to settle and live in Canada before you make money from your business
Admissibility requirements to enter Canada
To be eligible to come to Canada, you must meet the admissibility requirements to enter Canada. These apply to all applicants, not just Start-up Visa Program applicants.
We may refuse your application if you are inadmissible to Canada.
Answers others found useful
- What is the minimum investment that I need to apply through the Start-up Visa Program?
- How much money will I need to show that I can cover living expenses when I get to Canada?
- How can I get support from a designated organization?
- Do I have to invest my own money if I want to apply through the Start-up Visa Program?
- If I immigrate through the Start-up Visa Program, what happens if my business fails?
- What happens if I receive investment support from more than one designated organization?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date modified: