What immigration programs can I apply for?
This tool guides you through some questions about your personal and work history. Based on your responses and your situation, it then gives you
- a list of options, and
- step-by-step instructions on how to apply
The Come to Canada tool is for reference only. No immigration decision will be made based on your answers. If you choose to apply, an immigration officer will consider your complete application based on Canada’s immigration law. Your results from the tool will have no bearing on their decision.
If you may be eligible as a visitor, worker, or student you can apply online. The tool will direct you to your account, where you can create an account and fill out the online application. You may also have the option to complete a paper application.
If you may be eligible to immigrate permanently under Express Entry, you must apply online (unless you cannot because of a disability). The tool will direct you to your account, where you will create an account and can fill out the online application.
If you may be eligible to immigrate permanently under any other program, you must submit a paper application.
If what you’re applying for involves travel to Canada
- check the COVID-19 travel restrictions and exemptions to find out about any additional documents you may need to provide
Answers others found useful
- If you return my application, will I get a refund?
- How do I fill out an IRCC application?
- How do I fill out and validate IRCC application forms with 2D barcodes?
- How can I check if my application has been received?
- What happens after I send in my application?
- What is a UCI?
- What is my client ID?
- How can I come to Canada as a visitor, worker or student?
- How do I submit my application?
- What do you mean by surname?
- How can I find a doctor to provide my medical exam?
- How can I get my application processed urgently?
- How can I get help with my application?
- If my visa, work or study permit application is refused, will I have to give biometrics for my next application?
- I submitted my application with the old permanent residence fees. Will my application be rejected or returned?
- I submitted my application and paid the processing fee before April 30, 2020. I haven’t paid the right of permanent residence fee (RPRF) yet. Do I pay the old or new RPRF fee?
- What is an application number?
- I received a letter from IRCC saying that my permanent residence application is incomplete. I paid the old fees already, but want to submit a new application. How do I pay my new permanent residence fees?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date modified: