How can I extend my stay as a visitor?
If you want to extend your stay in Canada, you should apply at least 30 days before your status expires.
For the steps to apply, see How to apply to extend your stay as a visitor.
Study and work permit holders
If your visitor visa expired and you need to leave and return to Canada, you need to apply for a new visitor visa (not a visitor record).
Answers others found useful
- Do I need a visa to visit Canada?
- Do I need a Canadian visa if I have a United States visa?
- How do I apply for an eTA for travel to Canada?
- I am visiting the U.S. I want to come to Canada. Do I need an eTA?
- Do I need a visa if I am travelling through Canada without stopping or visiting?
- How do I help a family member or friend apply to visit Canada?
- I am travelling with my minor child without my spouse. What documents must I present?
- What’s the difference between a visitor visa and a visitor record?
- Do I need to apply for both a visitor visa and an eTA?
Form and guide
- Date modified: