Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

Can I apply for a post-graduation work permit before I get my diploma?

You don’t have to wait until you physically receive your diploma or attend your graduation ceremony to apply for a post-graduation work permit (PGWP).

All you need to apply for a PGWP is

  • an official letter from your school that confirms you’ve completed your study program or
  • an official transcript or a copy of your transcript from your school’s website

You have 180 days after your school issues your final marks to apply for a post-graduation work permit. To be eligible for a PGWP, your study permit must have been valid at some point during these 180 days.

When your study permit expires

Your study permit will expire on the date marked on the permit or 90 days after the day you complete your studies, whichever comes first.

If your study permit expires, you must either:

Answers others found useful

Help tool

Create an account or sign in

Form and guide

Glossary term

Date modified: