How can I get a permanent resident card?
Help us improve our service!
We’re looking for people who can help us improve a tool that we’re working on.
It looks like you’re eligible to participate! Please email us your availability at IRCC.YourSay-Votreavis.IRCC@cic.gc.ca. We’ll reply and schedule a remote session that’s convenient for you.
No problem, thank you for your time.
You don’t meet the criteria for the tool we’re testing. Thank you for your time.
If you have a PR card that is going to expire soon or your card was lost, stolen or destroyed, you can apply to renew or replace your PR card.
New permanent residents will receive their PR cards by mail. You do not need to apply for one.
Answers others found useful
- What happens if my PR card expires while I am outside Canada?
- I’m a new permanent resident of Canada. Do I need to apply for a PR card?
- How long will it take to process my PR card?
- I need to leave Canada and I do not have a PR card. Can I later re-enter Canada?
- How do I renew my PR card?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date modified: