How can I get a permanent resident card?
To apply for a permanent resident (PR) card, you must meet the eligibility requirements.
If you have a PR card that is going to expire soon or your card was lost, stolen or destroyed, you can apply to renew or replace your PR card.
New permanent residents will receive their PR cards by mail. You do not need to apply for one.
Answers others found useful
- What happens if my PR card expires while I am outside Canada?
- I’m a new permanent resident of Canada. Do I need to apply for a PR card?
- How long will it take to process my PR card?
- I need to leave Canada and I do not have a PR card. Can I later re-enter Canada?
- How do I renew my PR card?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date modified: