How can I determine whether I can apply for permanent residence?
This tool guides you through some questions. Based on your responses and your situation, it will give you:
- a list of options, and
- step-by-step instructions on how to apply.
This tool will help you understand the requirements to immigrate to, visit, study in or work in Canada. However, to actually come to Canada, you must still submit the right application forms.
Answers others found useful
- If you return my application, will I get a refund?
- How do I fill out an application?
- How can I check if my application has been received?
- What happens after I send in my application?
- What is a UCI?
- What is my client ID?
- How can I come to Canada as a visitor, worker or student?
- How do I submit my application?
- What do you mean by surname?
- How can I find a doctor to provide my medical exam?
- How can I get my application processed urgently?
- How can I get help with my application?
- If my visa, work or study permit application is refused, will I have to give biometrics for my next application?
- I submitted my application with the old permanent residence fees. Will my application be rejected or returned?
- I submitted my application and paid the processing fee before April 30, 2020. I haven’t paid the right of permanent residence fee (RPRF) yet. Do I pay the old or new RPRF fee?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date modified: