Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

Can my friend or family member handle my immigration or citizenship application for me?

Yes, if you send a completed Use of a Representative form (IMM 5476) with your application. This form is for if you wish to appoint a representative (an immigration or citizenship consultant, lawyer, friend, family member, etc.) to provide advice, consultation, or guidance to you at any stage of the immigration or citizenship application process, or in an immigration or citizenship proceeding.

If you want your spouse, a family member or a friend to check your application status for you, see What should I do if I want my spouse, family member or friend to check on my application for me?

Answers others found useful

How to video

Form and guide

Glossary term

Date modified: