How can I check if my 1application has been received?
If we begin to process your application, we’ll send you an acknowledgment of receipt letter or email with an application number.
We don’t send an acknowledgement of receipt until we have opened your application and checked that it’s complete. There may be a delay between the date we receive your application and the date we open it.
Your application will be returned to you if:
- it’s incomplete
- fees are missing or
- it’s received after a program is paused, closed or a cap is reached
Tips to track your application
If you mail your application
Use a courier service that requires a signature when delivered. This gives you a delivery confirmation and allows you to track your package.
For some paper applications, you can get detailed application status and your messages online. You can do this by linking an application to an online account.
If you apply at a Visa Application Centre
VACs offer tracking services that tell you when your application has been received at our offices.
If you apply online
You’ll see a confirmation page after you submit your application. You’ll also receive an email asking you to check your account. A confirmation message with a confirmation number will be in your account. Keep your confirmation number for your records. Please note that it may take a few hours for you to receive an email from IRCC after you’ve submitted your application.
For more information, see:
Answers others found useful
- If you return my application, will I get a refund?
- How do I fill out an application?
- What happens after I send in my application?
- What is a UCI?
- What is my client ID?
- How can I come to Canada as a visitor, worker or student?
- How do I submit my application?
- What do you mean by surname?
- How can I find a doctor to provide my medical exam?
- How can I get my application processed urgently?
- How can I get help with my application?
- If my visa, work or study permit application is refused, will I have to give biometrics for my next application?
- Date modified: