How can I check the status of my application?
Help us improve our service!
It looks like you’re eligible to participate! Please email us at IRCC.YourSay-Votreavis.IRCC@cic.gc.ca to tell us what time zone you’re in, and when you’re available. Please use the subject line ‘Improving a Tool – CT’ in your email. We’ll reply and schedule a remote session that’s convenient for you.
No worries. We really appreciate your time!
Unfortunately, you don’t meet the criteria for the tool we’re testing, but we really appreciate your time!
Due to the impacts of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), we
- can’t process applications normally
- can’t provide accurate processing times
For guidance on your situation, find out how you’re affected by the coronavirus (COVID-19).
It depends on the type of application.
If you haven’t heard from us since you applied, see When can I check my application status?
If you applied online (except eTA)
You can check your status in your account by following these steps:
- Sign in to your account.
- Under “View my submitted applications or profiles” click on “Check status and messages”.
If you applied for an eTA
If you applied for an eTA, you can check your status online.
If you can’t use the eTA check status tool
In some cases, like if you lost your approval email, you won’t be able to use the eTA status tool. Instead, use the Web form and follow these steps:
- Under “Type of application”, select “Electronic travel authorization”.
- Then select “Case-specific enquiries”.
- Provide as many details as possible.
It can take us several days to get back to you.
If you applied on paper
There are 2 ways you can check the status of your paper application online.
Your status will only show once we start processing your application. There will be a delay between the date we receive your application and the date we open it. See How can I check if my application has been received?
1. Use our online tool
You can use the online tool, which is updated daily.
2. Create an online account and link your paper application
There are 2 steps to this process:
- Create an online account.
- Link your paper application to your online account.
- Not all applications can be linked. See which applications you can link to your online account.
By doing this, you’ll get
- your detailed application status in real time
- messages about your application online instead of by mail
If you applied to become a Canadian citizen (grant of citizenship)
Find out how to check the status of your citizenship application.
If you still can’t check your status, contact us through our Web form
Answers others found useful
- How long will it take to process my application?
- When does my processing time start?
- Why did processing times information change?
- How often are the processing times for visa offices updated?
- Why can’t I see my case status online?
- I sent my application a while ago, but there is no record of my application online. Why?
- How are processing times calculated?
- Why do some application processing times change and others do not?
- Date modified: