Why can’t I see my application status in the Client Application Status (CAS) tool?
There are a few reasons why you may not be able to see your case status in the Client Application Status (CAS) tool.
We haven’t started processing your application
Your status will only show once we start processing your application. There’s a delay between the date we receive your application and the date we open and process it.
The tool doesn’t support your application type
The CAS tool can’t see all application types. You may need to check your status a different way.
If you applied
- online through the IRCC secure account, sign in to your account to check your status
- for an electronic travel authorization (eTA), check using the Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) Status tool
- on paper, you may be able to link your application to your online account
Use the application status tracker if you applied
- to sponsor a spouse, partner or dependent children
- for all programs under Express Entry (EE):
- Canadian Experience Class
- Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)
- Federal Skilled Workers Program
- Federal Skilled Trades Program
If you’re a representative, designated person, or principal applicant, you can use this tracker too.
Find out how to check the status for your application by answering a few questions.
We removed your application from the tool
After we make a decision, we eventually remove your application from the CAS tool. The length of time depends on the type of application.
- Permanent resident applications: 180 days after you arrive in Canada
- Permanent resident card applications: 30 days after you get your card
- Citizenship applications: 180 days after we make a decision
- Visa applications: 365 days after you were refused, you withdrew or your application expired
You entered the wrong personal information
Make sure the information you enter matches your passport or identity documents.
There is a temporary technical issue
You won’t be able to access online services if there’s system maintenance.
You’re using a web browser we don’t support
- Internet Explorer
You’re not the sponsor or principal applicant on the application
For sponsorship applications, you can only check the application status for your part of the application.
- The sponsor can only see the sponsorship part of the application
- The person being sponsored can only see the permanent residence part of the application
If you’re a sponsor and want to check the status of the person you’re sponsoring, you must first request access to their information.
The information was changed on your sponsorship application
If you were able to see the status of your sponsorship application but no longer can, find out why.
You appealed a decision on your sponsorship application
Because the appeal process is complex, CAS doesn’t show the status of an appeal for a refused family class application. This is true whether the appeal was filed by the sponsor or by the person being sponsored. The sponsor will get a letter about the status of the appeal.
Answers others found useful
- How long will it take to process my application?
- When does my processing time start?
- How can I check the status of my application?
- I sent my application a while ago, but there is no record of my application online. Why?
- How are processing times calculated?
- Why do some application processing times change and others do not?
- What does my family sponsorship application status mean?
- Why can’t I create a permanent residence tracker account for my sponsorship application?
- Why have processing times changed for some applications types?
- How do I check the status of my Canada-Ukraine authorization for emergency travel application?
- Date modified: