How long will it take to process my application?
Due to the impacts of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), we
- are experiencing delays in receiving applications
- can’t process applications normally
- can’t provide accurate processing times
For guidance on your situation, find out how you’re affected by the coronavirus (COVID-19).
We can’t tell you exactly how long it will take us to process your application. Each application is different and takes a different amount of time to process.
We can give you an estimate, based on your application type.
Check the processing times to find out how long it takes us to process most applications.
Answers others found useful
- What happens if my PR card expires while I am outside Canada?
- I’m a new permanent resident of Canada. Do I need to apply for a PR card?
- How long will it take to process my PR card?
- I need to leave Canada and I do not have a PR card. Can I later re-enter Canada?
- How do I renew my PR card?
- Date modified: