Who can apply for a permanent resident card?
To apply for a permanent resident card, you must:
- already be a permanent resident of Canada
- be physically present in Canada
- not have been asked by the Government of Canada to leave the country and
- not be a Canadian citizen
Find how to apply for, renew or replace a permanent resident card.
Answers others found useful
- What happens if my PR card expires while I am outside Canada?
- I’m a new permanent resident of Canada. Do I need to apply for a PR card?
- How long will it take to process my PR card?
- I need to leave Canada and I do not have a PR card. Can I later re-enter Canada?
- How do I renew my PR card?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date modified: