How do I renew my permanent resident card?
Help us improve our service!
It looks like you’re eligible to participate! Please email us at IRCC.YourSay-Votreavis.IRCC@cic.gc.ca to tell us what time zone you’re in, and when you’re available. Please use the subject line ‘Improving a Tool – PR’ in your email. We’ll reply and schedule a remote session that’s convenient for you.
No worries. We really appreciate your time!
Unfortunately, you don’t meet the criteria for the tool we’re testing, but we really appreciate your time!
If your permanent resident (PR) card is expired or will expire in less than 9 months, you can apply for a new card. The new card will have a new expiration date. Most new PR cards are valid for 5 years.
To be eligible for a PR card, you need to:
- be a permanent resident and
- submit your application in Canada
Find out how to submit a PR card application.
Answers others found useful
- What happens if my PR card expires while I am outside Canada?
- I’m a new permanent resident of Canada. Do I need to apply for a PR card?
- How long will it take to process my PR card?
- I need to leave Canada and I do not have a PR card. Can I later re-enter Canada?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date modified: