How can I avoid delays or refusals in processing my permanent resident card application?
To avoid delays or a refusal, ensure that you:
- properly fill out and sign the application form(s);
- fill out Section H (Solemn Declaration) if your card was:
- destroyed, or
- never received
- include all the documents listed on the document checklist at the end of the form
- pay online with a credit card, and
- include the proof of payment with your application.
See other processing times questions.
Answers others found useful
- What happens if my PR card expires while I am outside Canada?
- I’m a new permanent resident of Canada. Do I need to apply for a PR card?
- How long will it take to process my PR card?
- I need to leave Canada and I do not have a PR card. Can I later re-enter Canada?
- How do I renew my PR card?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date modified: