How can I avoid delays or refusals in processing my permanent resident card application?
To avoid delays or a refusal, ensure that you:
- properly fill out and sign the application form(s);
- fill out Section H (Solemn Declaration) if your card was:
- destroyed, or
- never received
- include all the documents listed on the document checklist at the end of the form
- pay online with a credit card, and
- include the proof of payment with your application.
See other processing times questions.
Answers others found useful
- What should I do if my PR card has been lost, stolen or destroyed?
- I’ve lost my citizenship card/certificate. How do I replace it?
- How do I replace my Refugee Protection Claimant Document?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date modified: