How can I avoid delays or refusals in processing my application?
Temporary changes to biometrics
Book your biometric appointment as soon as you can to avoid processing delays.
If you can’t book an appointment by the deadline on your biometric instruction letter, there may be measures in place to help you.
To help avoid delays or a refusal, make sure that you:
- carefully read the application guide for your immigration category and follow the instructions;
- properly fill out, sign and date the application form(s);
- if required, provide biometrics (fingerprints and photos) as soon as possible within 30 days of receiving the request;
- include all the required documents as indicated on the application checklist;
- pay the right fee using the correct method of payment;
- include the payment with your application; and
- double-check your application before submitting it.
Things that can cause delays:
- Your medical and security screening takes longer than usual
- We need to interview you
- You communicate with us by mail instead of using an online account
- You don’t respond to our requests for information quickly
- High numbers of applications
- Date modified: