How can I avoid delays or refusals in processing my application?
COVID 19: Biometrics deadline
Some biometrics collection sites are closed. If the site closest to you is closed, we’ll extend your deadline to give your biometrics. Find out how COVID 19 is affecting biometrics.
To help avoid delays or a refusal, make sure that you:
- carefully read the application guide for your immigration category and follow the instructions;
- properly fill out, sign and date the application form(s);
- if required, provide biometrics (fingerprints and photos) as soon as possible within 30 days of receiving the request;
- include all the required documents as indicated on the application checklist;
- pay the right fee using the correct method of payment;
- include the payment with your application; and
- double-check your application before submitting it.
Things that can cause delays:
- Your medical and security screening takes longer than usual
- We need to interview you
- You communicate with us by mail instead of using an online account
- You don’t respond to our requests for information quickly
- High numbers of applications
Answers others found useful
- How long will it take to process my application?
- When does my processing time start?
- Why did processing times information change?
- How often are the processing times for visa offices updated?
- How can I check the status of my application?
- Why can’t I see my case status online?
- I sent my application a while ago, but there is no record of my application online. Why?
- How are processing times calculated?
- Why do some application processing times change and others do not?
- Date modified: