Who is eligible for sponsorship under the Private Sponsorship of Refugees Program?
To be eligible for sponsorship, a refugee applicant must:
- be outside Canada, and
- meet the definition of one of the refugee classes of Canada’s Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
Two classes of refugees are eligible under the program:
- Convention Refugee Abroad Class and
- Country of Asylum Class.
Find out more about resettlement from outside Canada.
Answers others found useful
- Who can sponsor a refugee?
- How long does it take before a privately sponsored refugee gets to Canada?
- Who decides whether a refugee can be sponsored and resettled?
- What kind of support do government-assisted refugees get?
- Date modified: