Who cannot be sponsored under the Private Sponsorship of Refugees Program?
The following people do not qualify for private sponsorship:
- people already in Canada,
- people who have applied for resettlement before and who have been refused, unless
- their circumstances have changed,
- new information that was not sent with the previous application has come to light or
- Canadian laws affecting the case have changed,
- people who have been given permission to live permanently in another country and
- people who fled persecution or civil war some time ago, but who can now integrate into the country where they live or can return home safely.
Answers others found useful
- Who is eligible for sponsorship under the Private Sponsorship of Refugees Program?
- Who can sponsor a refugee?
- How long does it take before a privately sponsored refugee gets to Canada?
- Who decides whether a refugee can be sponsored and resettled?
- What kind of support do government-assisted refugees get?
- Date modified: