Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

I do not need a visa, but I want to stay in Canada as a visitor for longer than six months. What do I need to do?

If you entered Canada and you did not need a visa but want to stay longer, you must apply for an extension and pay a fee. This must be done from inside Canada. You should apply for an extension at least 30 days before your status expires – usually 6 months from the day you entered Canada.

Answers others found useful

Help tool

Create an account or sign in

Form and guide

Glossary term

Date modified: