I am visiting the U.S. and I want to come to Canada. Do I need an eTA?
Most travellers need a visitor visa or an eTA to travel to, or transit through, Canada.
What you need depends on:
- the type of travel document you will travel with;
- the country that issued your travel document;
- your nationality; and
- how you will travel to Canada.
Before you apply, find out what you need.
Answers others found useful
- My documents are too large to upload. How do I reduce the file size?
- What file formats can I upload to my account?
- How do I view the messages in my account?
- Can I send a new document after I apply online?
- What is GCKey?
- What is Sign-in partner (SecureKey Concierge)?
- How do I upload documents to my IRCC Portal account after I’ve submitted my application?
How to videos
- Date modified: