I am a permanent resident of Canada. Do I need an eTA if I leave and want to return to Canada by air?
No, you do not need an eTA if you are a permanent resident of Canada.
However, you must travel with a valid Permanent Resident Card or a Permanent Resident Travel Document. Otherwise, you may face delays or be prevented from boarding your flight to Canada.
If you do not currently have a Permanent Resident Card, find out how to apply.
If you are a Canadian permanent resident outside of Canada and do not have a Permanent Resident Card or your card is expired, find out how to apply for a Permanent Resident Travel Document.
Answers others found useful
- My documents are too large to upload. How do I reduce the file size?
- What can I apply for online?
- What are the differences between applying online and on paper?
- Can I send a new document after I submit my online visa application?
- How can I change or review my answers in my online application?
- What is GCKey?
- What is Sign-in partner (SecureKey Concierge)?
How to videos
- Date modified: