Will IRCC email me when my eTA is approved?
Yes. When your eTA is approved, you will receive an email confirmation. You will also receive an email if we need more information to process your application or if your eTA has been denied.
Please make sure to check your email junk mail folder. Some spam filters may block our emails. Check the folder regularly as emails may at times be moved from your inbox to the junk mail folder.
If you have not received an email confirmation with an application number within 72 hours of applying, you will need to fill out this Web form. You will need to:
- provide some basic personal details, and
- under “Enquiry” select from the drop menu “Electronic Travel Authorization – Case specific enquiries”.
NOTE: It can take us several days to answer to your enquiry.
Answers others found useful
- Do I need a visa to visit Canada?
- Do I need a Canadian visa if I have a United States visa?
- How do I apply for an eTA for travel to Canada?
- I am visiting the U.S. I want to come to Canada. Do I need an eTA?
- Do I need a visa if I am travelling through Canada without stopping or visiting?
- How do I help a family member or friend apply to visit Canada?
- I am travelling with my minor child without my spouse. What documents must I present?
- What’s the difference between a visitor visa and a visitor record?
- Do I need to apply for both a visitor visa and an eTA?
How to videos
- Date modified: